Warranty & Returns
All parts are covered by 24-month unlimited km replacement warranty, unless stated otherwise. We do not cover labour to replace warranted parts. If parts need to be returned, reasonable costs incurred to return parts will also be covered (mainland Australia only). Please see the full details for all conditions at the bottom of this page.
Incorrect Products / Change of Mind
For returns of incorrectly ordered items or change of mind we offer store credit, to the same value of the original item. The item must be returned in sellable condition. This means that the item and packaging must be in original condition, so please be careful to keep items in original condition until you are 100% sure they can and will be used. Special order items are excluded and cannot be returned (this will be highlighted at time of ordering).
We do not cover return postage.
For those looking for a refund instead of store credit, refunds incur a 20% restocking fee.
If the item is incorrect due to VAGPARTS incorrect advice or information we offer store credit or refund to the full value of the item, and we will also reimburse any return shipping costs incurred.
Please select your items carefully and if unsure, please send an email or Facebook message with your VIN to confirm fitment.
Warranty Terms & Conditions
Unless otherwise stated in the item description, all items carry a 24 month unlimited kilometres guarantee against defects, covering the part only (not labour), commencing from the date of purchase (invoice date). The original parts purchased from VAGPARTS Australia and installed exclusively by a licenced mechanic are covered by a 24 month unlimited kilometres guarantee against defects, commencing from the date on which they are purchased and installed (invoice date) on the car.
This spare parts Warranty entitles the owner to the following:
- The supply and replacement of any faulty or unusable parts acknowledged to be made with defective material.
Specific Warranty Exclusions
The above warranty is null and void where the defect or damage was caused by
- The buyer not immediately providing an opportunity to make repair upon fault becoming evident
- The purchased item having been improperly installed, repaired, maintained or serviced
- Non-approved modifications of a part from original specifications
- The buyer having failed to comply with the rules regarding treatment, maintenance (in line with the manufacturer's service schedules) and care of the purchased item
- Accident, driver error or abuse, neglect, lack of due care, or driving technique.
- Use of the vehicle for a purpose other than which it was designed (e.g., used in any form of motor sport including racing, rallying or any form of competitive driving)
Natural wear and tear is excluded from parts warranty cover.
To the extent permitted by law, these parts warranties do not include the reimbursement of any expenses incurred resulting from defect claimed under warranty. E.g. travel, accommodation or meals.
To the extent permitted by law, these parts warranties do not cover the loss of income or earnings, nor any cost arising out of the immobilisation of the vehicle.
All maintenance items which would be subject to regular attention as part of scheduled service operations are specifically excluded from the terms of warranty, including but not limited to:
- Any items replaced as part of the dealer specified service schedule
- Previous repairs or maintenance becoming defective
- Normal wear and tear
The following items are covered for a period of 6 months or 10,000 kilometres only:
- Brakes (Disk rotors and pads)
- Clutch components
- Screens and side windows
To claim on this warranty, the part and the original sales invoice must be delivered by the purchaser or owner at their expense to VAGPARTS Australia, unless otherwise agreed.